- Sun announced the release of Java EE 6 , GlassFish v3 and NetBeans 6.8 last week.
- JetBrains released Intellij IDEA 9 ,the first free version along with the Community and Ultimate editions.
- A mobile version of Firefox will be available as early as next week. Codenamed “Fennec“, the mobile browser will start on Nokia’s Linux-based Maemo OS with Windows Mobile and Android versions to follow.
- The Dojo toolkit 1.4 ( a popular java-script library) is available for the developers.
- IBM has acquired Guardium, a computer security company which focuses on real time data monitoring and protection for large companies.
- Google has acquired AppJet, the small startup that builds the popular collaboration tool EtherPad.
- Apple acquires online music service Lala.