- The OISF organization has released the beta version of the Suricata IDS/IPS engine. The Suricata Engine is an Open Source Next Generation Intrusion Detection and Prevention Engine.
- Google will be releasing its first Andorid based mobile phone, NexusOne this week in US.
- Google’s Chrome browser grabs No. 3 browser spot from Safari. IE8 is now the most-used Microsoft browser.
- Namebench, a software tool which helps to identify the fastest DNS server which you can connect whenever you are browsing is available for download.
- Version 0.0.8 of MathEclipse, which is the basis for the Symja project, was just released. MathEclipse is integrated with the JSR 223 math scripting engine and it features arbitrary precision integers, rationals, and complex numbers. MathEclipse also features polynomials, differentiation, pattern matching, and linear algebra.